Crossword puzzles can be addictive for people who solve it quite often. Usually, people solve the crossword puzzles given in the daily newspaper or find them on the internet. But, what if you could make your own crossword puzzle? Wouldn’t that be great? Well, to help you out I have listed the steps to create your crossword puzzles below.
Steps To Make a Crossword Puzzle
Follow these simple steps, and you will be able to make your own crossword puzzle:
- The first step to make your own crossword puzzle is to decide on the size of the grid. If you are trying to make an official crossword puzzle then, you should know that they have specific dimensions to follow. But, if you are making a casual one, you can go for any size you want.
- Next, decide on a puzzle theme.
- Now, prepare a list of words that you would like to include in your crossword puzzle based on your selected theme.
- Lay the words out in a grid format and black out any space that has been left unused.
- After you have laid the words out, it’s time to number the starting square for each of those words.
- Now, comes the labor intensive part of the task if, you are making the crossword puzzle by your hand. You have to prepare a copy of the crossword puzzle so, that this time the squares are already numbered but, otherwise they are left blank.
- Prepare the clues for your crossword puzzle and organize them in order.
And, you have your very own crossword puzzle ready and waiting to be solved.
Nowadays, there are a number of crossword puzzle help sites available on the internet which helps you to solve your crossword puzzle. You can check for the crossword quiz answers to your daily newspaper crossword puzzles on these sites.